Uncompromised outdoor living unfolds over 5 decks totaling 1,000+ sqft, including a full rooftop deck at Roanoke Reef Fourteen
3 BEDS | 2.25 BATHS | 2,101 SQFT | MLS#: 2066673, 2064583 | OFFERED AT: $2,650,000
10 E Roanoke St #14, Seattle, WA 98102
Custom built to modern construction standards, this exceptionally well-built and well-maintained single-owner home is a rare opening in one of Seattle’s most desirable floating home communities. Experience a spacious 2,100 sqft of living space across a well thought out reverse floorplan that capitalizes on the sun-drenched western lake views of Gasworks Park. Uncompromised outdoor living unfolds over five decks totaling 1,000+ sqft, including a full rooftop deck with 360* views and an additional floating deck with intimate exposure to tranquil Mallard Cove. A complete suite of functional amenities includes two generous boat slips (55’x13.5’ & 24’x9’), two garage parking stalls with EV capability, and one large storage unit.
Live the good life in Roanoke Reef, one of Seattle’s premier floating home docks located in the desirable Eastlake neighborhood. West-facing exposure means you’ll experience brilliant sunsets as the sun dips on the canal and plenty of afternoon sunlight throughout the day. This unique home seats you front row to view some of the most stunning and iconic views in the region, like Gasworks Park and the Seattle skyline, with outdoor spaces like the rooftop deck that create the perfect opportunity to dine al fresco as you take in views of passing sailboats, glimmering waters, and the variety of wildlife on Lake Union.
This home may offer outdoor enjoyment and water recreation whenever you so desire, but comfort and modern convenience are also readily available in its well-maintained, custom-built design. Offered for the first time since it was built, this home has had just one owner, making this a truly rare opportunity. Just like the expansive views that await you through large windows and outside from the deck, the home offers an expansive feel indoors as well, with a total of 2,101 square feet in a reverse floor plan. Three bedrooms present the opportunity for hosting guests, creating the perfect work-from-home office, or utilizing it as a wellness room. Admire the view of Gasworks Park as you prepare drinks from the living room wet bar.
End your days in a state of ultimate relaxation in the beautiful spa room, complete with a hot tub. Marble Terrazzo floors on the main floor, carpet in the bedrooms, hardwood floors on the upper level, and a marble fireplace all add to the elegance of this truly unique property. Features like built-ins for storage, oak cabinetry, and space-saving pocket doors marry form and function. The stunning details continue in the primary bedroom with a spa-like ensuite, direct access to the floating deck, and cove water views. Begin your days the best way possible – with a cup of coffee on your private deck as you soak in the serene sights and sounds of life on Lake Union.
Welcome home to Roanoke Reef, one of Seattle’s newest floating home docks boasting a staggered layout that allows floating homeowners to experience the best views possible from their abodes. Located in Eastlake, Roanoke Reef puts community members close to in-city conveniences, amenities, and opportunities while offering a peaceful neighborhood feel on the waters of Lake Union. Have a picnic at Roanoke Street Park on a sunny afternoon or venture a little further out to Capitol Hill or downtown Seattle for top-rated restaurants and trendy bars and cafes. Easy access to I-5 makes traveling through the city a breeze.
Although a world of entertainment awaits in the nearby vibrant neighborhoods of Seattle, there’s truly no need to leave your floating home with endless hours of paddleboarding, wildlife watching, rooftop parties under glorious sunsets, or summer barbeques ahead of you. This home and location will take your hosting skills to the next level. Enjoy cool breezes from under the shade of the deck’s retractable awning. This is one of the sunniest locations on the Eastlake, with views of Gasworks Park, Lake Union, and the sparkling lights of the Seattle skyline during evenings.
Built on a concrete float, the home remains durable and low maintenance, creating ease of mind. Enjoy two garage parking spaces, one with an EV charger and one EV-ready as well as a large storage unit. Five exterior decks with over 1,000 square feet of space invite you to lounge under the sunshine, dive into the water, or moor your boat until your next adventure.
Listed by Jay Kipp • Realogics Sotheby’s Int’l Rlty
Get Acquainted with 10 E Roanoke St #14
- Revel in iconic views of Lake Union, Gasworks Park, the Seattle skyline, and the ship canal.
- Enjoy a west-facing exposure that allows for breathtaking sunsets and sunny afternoons.
- Nestled within the prestigious Roanoke Reef, an esteemed floating home dock renowned for its exceptional dock stewardship, well-built homes, and its state-of-the-art dock with rarely seen amenities.
- The dock is idyllically positioned amidst open waters, with Lake Union to the West and the serene Mallard Cove to the East.
- Positioned in one of Eastlake’s sunniest locations, Roanoke Reef homes benefits from extended afternoon light as the sun sets on the ship Canal, the lowest point on the horizon.
- Located in Eastlake, a highly sought-after neighborhood known for its desirable floating home living.
- Conveniently close to coffee shops, restaurants, and offers easy access to major highways, including I-5. It is also within reach of Capitol Hill, downtown Seattle, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Boasting a spacious living area of 2,101 sqft, with 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms offering ample room for comfortable houseboat living.
- Enjoy the convenience of a dedicated hot tub room for relaxation and wellness. This room can be transformed into a fourth bedroom, a boat shop, a theater room, or a walk-in closet for the primary bedroom.
- Marble Terrazzo flooring adorns the main floor (excluding bedrooms), while hardwood flooring graces the upper floor, adding a touch of luxury and elegance. The bedrooms have brand new carpets.
- With a reverse floorplan, the home maximizes its breathtaking views by positioning the living areas and rooftop deck to take full advantage of the surroundings.
- The large primary bedroom boasts an ensuite bathroom, a built-in oak dresser headboard, captivating cove water views, and a spacious floating deck.
- All bathrooms feature exquisite marble vanities, adding a touch of sophistication to the space.
- Oak cabinetry can be found throughout the home, including on the thoughtful built-ins which offer convenient storage solutions and a timeless aesthetic.
- Indulge in the luxury of a wet bar in the living room, complete with views of Gasworks Park.
- Gather around the gas fireplace in the living room, enhanced by a beautiful marble hearth, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Built-in vacuum system: This home is equipped with a convenient built-in vacuum system for easy maintenance of the carpeting and floors.
CONSTRUCTION AND SYSTEMS
- This custom-built home was constructed in 1982, adhering to modern construction standards, and has been exceptionally well-maintained throughout the years.
- The home rests on a sturdy concrete float, ensuring durability and requiring minimal upkeep. A dive report is available to provide further details.
- Proudly owned by a single owner since its construction, this property is now available for the first time, presenting a unique opportunity for potential buyers.
- Experience year-round comfort with the inclusion of ductless mini-split systems, offering both heating during winter and cooling on hot summer days.
- Enjoy the convenience of an on-demand hot water heater, providing an efficient and continuous supply of hot water.
- The home features an abandoned radiant in-floor heating system with an underwater heat exchanger that maybe be able to be refurbished.
- Benefit from natural gas and a 200-amp electrical system, ensuring reliable and efficient energy sources.
- The original plans for the home are available, offering insights into its design and layout.
- A home inspection report is available for interested buyers, providing valuable information and peace of mind.
OUTDOOR FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Enjoy the convenience of two boat slips, with one measuring approximately ~55’x13.5′ and the other ~24’x9′, providing ample space for watercraft docking.
- Benefit from the ownership of two garage parking spots, one equipped with an EV charger and another EV-ready, ensuring convenient and eco-friendly vehicle charging options.
- This property includes a large storage unit located in the garage measuring approximately (~10’x7’), offering additional space for storing belongings.
- Indulge in outdoor living with five decks, totaling over 1000 sqft, designed for relaxation and entertainment. These decks comprise:
- A spacious rooftop deck, approximately 37’x16′, boasting iconic 360* views of the Seattle skyline, Gasworks Park, and all the boating action on Lake Union.
- A large floating deck, approximately 24’x10′, complete with a swim ladder, retractable awning, and sufficient space to moor a boat of about the size of a large ski boat, approximately 24’x10′.
- A covered deck accessible from the living room and dining room, offering stunning views of Gasworks Park and Lake Union. This deck is equipped with a natural gas hookup, ideal for a BBQ or outdoor heaters.
- A catwalk deck located on the south side of the home, providing easy access to the full length of the side boat slip.
- A corner deck off the kitchen and an entry porch, adding to the overall outdoor living experience.
The dock ramp from the dock to the home features steel mooring arms that self-adjust with the changing water levels of the lake, ensuring convenient entry and exit year-round.
A WELL-DESIGNED DOCK WITH RARELY SEEN AMENITIES
- Roanoke Reef stands as one of Seattle’s newest and most esteemed floating home docks, developed circa 1980. It is the city’s first dock specifically designed to accommodate floating homes, featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure and meticulous attention to design details.
- Experience the charm of a luxury community comprising 20 thoughtfully arranged floating homes, situated across 10 end-of-dock slips and 10 penultimate end-of-dock slips.
- The homes are arranged in a staggered formation, granting the East row homes mesmerizing western water views of Gasworks Park, while the West row homes enjoy tranquil eastern water views of the cove.
- Positioned on expansive slips, most measuring approximately 70’x40′, the floating homes feature roomy setbacks of 16′, creating ample space for large boat slips on the sides. Many homes also boast a second boat slip at the rear or front.
- Enjoy the rarity of reserved parking on the dock, with more than two dozen owned parking spots. These spots include over a dozen assigned garage parking spaces beneath the Roanoke Reef Townhomes and a handful of spaces within the gated Motor Court.
- The Motor Court also offers two 20-minute load/unload spots that can be utilized for overnight parking from 9 pm to 9 am. Additionally, there are 5 unassigned parking spots available just outside the Motor Court for owners and guests.
- The parking garage beneath the Roanoke Reef Townhomes also provides about two dozen large storage units.
- Access to the dock is gated, offering security and privacy. The Motor Court includes amenities such as cart storage, a garbage area, a contractor’s bathroom, a gatekeeper’s area, and a sliding steel access gate.
Roanoke Reef is one of the few docks equipped with natural gas and underdock electrical connections.
- For added convenience, two utility floats with motors are available for owners to tie next to their floating homes, facilitating repairs, window cleaning, and other maintenance tasks.
- All homes on the dock were constructed to meet modern construction standards, featuring concrete floats for durability and longevity.
- The dock is designed to be accessible, with ramps allowing easy movement from the garage to any of the homes without the need for stairs.
A WELL-RUN ASSOCIATION
- Enjoy exceptional dock stewardship and a friendly community of neighbors.
The monthly HOA dues are approximately $833 (assessed quarterly) and are accompanied by well-funded reserves.
- Despite proactive maintenance and repair efforts, no special assessments are currently planned for the future.
- HOA dues cover essential services such as high-speed internet, sewer, water, garage maintenance, and dock maintenance.
- Both slips and homes are fully condominiumized, eliminating personal property taxes.
- The majority of the homes on the dock are owner-occupied, with only one currently rented out. Rentals are allowed, with a minimum lease term of one year.
- The community is pet-friendly, allowing up to three pets with a maximum of two dogs.
AN IDEAL LOCATION
- The dock is perfectly nestled in the heart of Eastlake, an incredibly desirable neighborhood renowned for its captivating floating home lifestyle. Positioned with great convenience, this dock is in close proximity to charming coffee shops and delectable restaurants.
- Its location provides effortless access to neighboring areas such as Capitol Hill and downtown Seattle and major thoroughfares like Highway I-5.
- Roanoke Reef enjoys extended sunsets that surpass those experienced by other docks in Eastlake. This advantage is owed to its impeccable positioning along Eastlake, which allows the sun to majestically set in the distance over the ship canal, the lowest point on the horizon.
- Embrace the serene ambiance of open water surrounding Roanoke Reef. With Lake Union to the West and the tranquil Mallard Cove to the East, residents are treated to captivating views and the opportunity to enjoy the cove as an excellent swimming area.
- Enjoy the benefits of ‘Fee Simple’ land/water ownership, without any DNR lease restrictions, providing peace of mind and full control over the property.
- Just outside the entry, you’ll find the enchanting Roanoke Street Mini Park, a popular and romantic spot nestled along the shores of Lake Union. Revel in its charm and relish in unforgettable sunset views.
- Delve into the rich history of the location as the dock was built on the site of the old Riviera Marina, which once housed Boeing’s pioneering seaplane, the ‘Bluebill.’ Crafted with pontoons made by Pocock Racing Shells, the seaplane achieved a remarkable feat on its maiden flight on June 15, 1916, soaring 900 feet above Lake Union.
Contact us about this Seattle Houseboat
Request more info or showing on this houseboat
"*" indicates required fields
Leave a Reply