‘Gasworks Harbor House – Introducing one of Lake Union’s finest floating homes on a highly sought-after dock offering iconic views
3 BEDS | 1.5 BATHS | 1,480 SQFT | MLS#: 2061499 | OFFERED AT: $3,300,000
2466 Westlake Avenue N #4, Seattle, WA 98109
Gasworks Harbor House ~ Introducing one of Lake Union’s finest floating homes on a highly sought-after dock offering iconic 270* views of Gasworks Park from a rare, end-of-dock slip with remarkable privacy. An outdoor paradise with two large boat slips, 1,100+ sqft of outdoor deck space with irrigated deck planters, and a rare floating garden growing a Maple tree. Custom-built in 1999 and meticulously maintained, this NW contemporary home exudes comfortable elegance in every regard with rich natural wood finishes that create warmth and character. Unwind on one of the sunniest locations on Westlake, with sunrises across the lake and summer sunsets over the ship canal. An uncompromised, quintessential Lake Union living experience awaits.
Discover the everyday paradise of life on the water. This end-of-dock floating home offers unparalleled views of Gasworks Park, and the idyllic waters of Lake Union. Perfect for boaters with two large boat slips for seamless docking, swimmers, kayakers, or those who enjoy majestic warm sunset hues over glistening waters.
The home’s classic NW-contemporary design is quintessentially Seattle, with exposed beam wood ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows inviting bright sunlight in, and charming window seats. Entertain with ease with the open floor plan encouraging a graceful flow from the kitchen, dining area, living room, and walkaround deck. The kitchen is adorned with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a walk-in pantry. Guests will feel right at home in the cozy living room in front of the roaring fireplace or dining al fresco with a front-row seat to the glimmer of Seattle’s city lights in the evenings. Three bedrooms provide freedom to use the space to suit your unique needs, with one boasting a Murphy bed so you can utilize it as another bedroom or as the ideal work-from-home office.
Ascend to the crow’s nest rooftop deck for 360-degree views and the perfect setting for an evening soiree, Fourth of July fireworks, or to bask in the beauty of quiet, early mornings on the water. Winters are just as lovely as summers in this abode, with a covered deck and firepit to gather around. Tend to the delightful garden, including a Coral Bark Japanese maple tree and ample space for planters on all of the walkaround decks, all featuring irrigation.
Feel right at home in the small seven-member community. The prime location offers both privacy while keeping you in close proximity to all of the entertainment, shopping, and dining that awaits mere minutes away downtown and in Queen Anne.
Listed by Jay Kipp • Realogics Sotheby’s Int’l Rlty
AN OUTDOOR PARADISE
- Unobstructed, open-water views of Gasworks Park.
- The best of both worlds: End-of-dock views without the exposure and lack of privacy trade-off that an end-of-dock home requires.
- Deck galore with over 1,160 sqft of usable outdoor deck space, including:
- One of the largest water-level outdoor decks in the floating home community (off the living room), with unobstructed open-water views of Gasworks Park.
- Large upper level deck, also with unobstructed water views of Gasworks Park.
- Walk-around decks on the main level
- Crow’s nest rooftop deck with towering 360 degree views – perfect for viewing 4th of July & Space Needle fireworks shows.
- A boater’s paradise with two large boat slips (located on the front and side), both wide open to Lake Union for easy docking and undocking.
- Boat-lift ready with a steel structural member for the side boat slip.
- Great swimming area off the deck with two stainless steel swim ladders, one for humans and one for dogs.
- Two mounted kayak racks
- One mounted stand up paddleboard rack
- A gardener’s delight with a floating garden including a Coral Bark Japanese Maple tree, and space for planters on the walk-around decks and upper & lower floor deck, all with irrigation. Garden without the work of maintaining a yard!
- Spectacular sunrise views across the lake.
- Four exterior storage closets with over 380 cu.ft. of storage space
- Large gas-fired firepit under a covered deck – a popular gathering spot on the deck year-round
- Extended summer-time sunsets when the sun sets behind the canal.
- Flanked by two small, one-level homes on both sides.
THE VIEW AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Unobstructed, open-water views of Gasworks Park and North Eastlake
- Front-row seats to the 4th of July fireworks show on Lake Union. The Space Needle’s New Year’s Eve fireworks show can be seen from the crow’s nest rooftop deck
- The weekly spectacle that is the Duck Dodge sailing race, on Tuesday evenings between May & September. One of the race’s three markers is typically set in such a way that the sailboats set their colorful spinnaker sails as they glide downwind past this home.
- The Parade of Christmas Ships each December.
- The seaplanes, taking off and landing.
- Hot-tub boats, paddleboards, kayaks, and many other small watercraft.
- All the large and small ships coming and going through the canal, including Alaska fishing vessels, US Navy ships, and UW research ships.
- Sunrise, mid-day sun and outrageous sunsets.
- Otters, beavers, bald eagles, ducks, coho salmon, and flocks of migrating birds.
- Entertainer’s floorplan with large granite prep/serving area, open floorplan with expansive views.
- Classic NW Contemporary design with rich natural wood beam, and clear-vertical grain (CVG) fir in cabinetry, doors, and windows throughout.
- Excellent privacy inside the home from neighboring homes
- Hardwood floors (Maple & Douglas Fir) throughout.
- Kitchen with granite countertops, walk-in pantry, stainless steel appliances, CVG fir paneled fridge, and an induction range with Bluetooth, wifi connectivity, and Sous Vide.
- Prep/serving counter area between kitchen and dining room.
- Two new sliding bi-fold doors in living room leading to the oversized deck.
- Framed built-in TV above gas fireplace mimics a framed painting
- Powder room with bronze vanity, auto-closing door, stackable washer & dryer, and locally-sourced blue Blazestone glass tile flooring (from Bedrock Industries) crafted entirely from 100% recycled glass
- Views of downtown Seattle and the ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ floating home from the primary bedroom.
- The middle bedroom with Murphy bed can double up as an office.
- The Dutch entry door allows the lake breeze and sunlight to come into the house without letting pets or children out.
BUILT TO LAST AND WELL CARED FOR
- Built to modern construction standards (1999) with a grandfathered height of 21 ft (one of the few!)
- Owned by Seattle’s foremost floating home inspector and retired custom home builder.
- Insulated floors (rigid foam) underneath the hardwood floors. IPE decking on all exterior main-floor decks.
- Efficient furnace/heat pump system with under-water heat exchanger for heating and cooling throughout the home. Natural gas available
- Metal roof
ON WESTLAKE’S PREMIER FLOATING HOME DOCK – THE ‘NESIKA CHUCK CO-OP’
- Low monthly dues ($400) thanks to a co-operative ownership with no annual property tax bill (only a small personal property tax bill for each floating home).
- Well-funded reserves with no major expenses on the horizon.
- A small, seven-member community allows for easier decision-making.
- One of only two floating home docks on Westlake with reserved daytime city parking on weekdays for residents
- Its wide water channel to the North makes for a great swimming area and allows homes on this dock to be towed out for remodels, rebuilds, and replacements.
- No architectural review committee or construction restrictions
- Protected Northern views to enjoy iconic views of Gasworks Park
- Large slips with roomy setbacks between the floating homes
- Measuring ~10 ft, the dock’s walkway is the widest on Lake Union and host to many community events in the summer
- The dock walkway is a floating dock, which stays at the same level as the floating homes year-round for easy entry and exit.
- In addition to the boat slips many of the floating homes on this dock have, there are eight additional boat slips at the entry of the dock that can be leased from the 2470 Westlake marina.
- The most secluded dock on Westlake with a difficult to find gated entry and no visibility of the floating homes from near the entry.
- Under-dock natural gas availability and under-dock electrical with 200 Amp service
- Pet friendly.
- Rentals allowed.
- Centrally located in active Westlake, a boating neighborhood just minutes to Downtown, Fremont, South Lake Union, and Queen Anne
- The closest floating home dock to Seattle Police’s Harbor Patrol unit, our first responders are on the lake for security, fire, and medical emergencies.
Contact us about this Seattle Houseboat
Request more info or showing on this houseboat
"*" indicates required fields
Leave a Reply