- 1469Sq Ft
Experience uncompromised Lake Union living on this sun-drenched, South-facing floating home nestled in a serene channel. Exceptional value ($1,088/SqFt) on this maintained like new home rebuilt in '06 (inspections avail). Spacious 2-bed layout with elegant wood finishes and an open-concept upper level boasting stunning Lake Union/Gasworks Park views. Enjoy easy boat mooring on the 30' waterside deck, while the rooftop platform offers 360 degree views (pre-permitted plans for a full rooftop deck are available). Co-op dock amenities include an 8-slip marina, gated entry, under-dock utilities, and unmatched proximity to Downtown Seattle. You'll love Westlake, Seattle's ultimate boating neighborhood. Ample city parking with five passes. Seller Financing is available.
• Spacious two-bedroom layout spanning over 1,469 sqft of interior space.
• Meticulously maintained, newer construction floating home that feels brand new.
• Thoughtfully designed reverse floorplan elevates your living and entertaining spaces, maximizing views, natural light, and rooftop crow’s nest access.
• Sun-soaked, open-concept upper floor with kitchen/living/dining area surrounded by windows, featuring a half bathroom and an office nook.
• Large open kitchen boasts beautiful solid-wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances (including a gas burner stove), and a versatile moveable island with eco-friendly PaperStone countertops.
• Family room on the lower level is equipped with a built-in entertainment system (speakers, screen, and projector) and opens to a deck, embracing lakeside living.
• Expansive primary bedroom includes a spacious closet with organizers, a full bath, and French doors leading to the deck.
• Second bedroom features skylights and ample windows, bathing the space in natural light.
• Full bathroom with heated floors, convenient stacking washer and dryer, ceramic tile floor, and a custom wood vanity with generous storage.
• Large storage room in the entry hall for overflow supplies and seasonal storage.
• Rich wood finishes include Cherry hardwood floors, maple cabinetry, hardwood stairs, fir doors, and exposed wood beams.
CONSTRUCTION AND SYSTEMS
• Completely rebuilt to modern construction standards in 2006 and impeccably maintained.
• Positive Home Inspection Report highlights the home’s excellent condition.
• The all-log and barrel float is in exceptional shape (no styrofoam), with a Dive Inspection Report available.
• Pre-almost fully permitted plans available to add a full rooftop deck
• Insulated floors provide added comfort.
• Connected to natural gas, a rarity among Lake Union floating homes.
• Equipped with a space-saving tankless water heater (Noritz).
• Two radiant gas stoves efficiently heat the home.
• Newer windows feature Hunter Douglas shades.
• Excellent electrical capacity with a 200 AMP electric panel in place.
• The generous floorplan allows for the potential addition of a 3rd bedroom or office.
• South-facing location bathed in sunlight, nestled in a tranquil and serene channel.
• Expansive waterside deck that wraps around with new cedar deck boards installed in September 2023.
• Tie up your boat with ease on the 30′ deck, guaranteeing effortless access to the water and exciting boating opportunities.
• Peaceful channel ideal for swimming.
• A deck off the dining area provides a perfect spot for morning coffee.
• Rooftop crow’s nest offers breathtaking 360-degree views, ideal for watching 4th of July, and Space • Needle fireworks displays or sunbathing. Almost fully permitted plans available to add a full rooftop deck
• The home is flanked by three small, single-level homes on all sides, ensuring privacy, natural lights, and views.
DOCK AND AMENITIES OF THE 2420 CO-OP
• The cooperative dock consists of 14 floating homes and an 8-slip marina that generates income for the cooperative, keeping monthly dues low.
• The 2420 Co-op stands as the floating home community in Westlake that boasts the nearest proximity to Downtown Seattle.
• A dog-friendly and rental-friendly environment fosters a welcoming community.
• Dock amenities include a gated entry, a bathroom, and a utility garage.
• The upgraded dock features newer piers, under-dock natural gas, and under-dock electrical.
• Four parking passes (plus one guest pass) are provided for city parking adjacent to the dock and along Westlake Ave N (RPZ Zone 25).
WELCOME TO WESTLAKE
• Hollywood Fame: Westlake, Seattle’s most famous neighborhood for floating home living, achieved its cinematic acclaim in the 1993 Hollywood romcom “Sleepless in Seattle,” featuring a floating home on Westlake and the neighboring dock to this home.
• Boater’s Paradise: Dive into an aquatic adventure in our bustling boating neighborhood, home to numerous marinas and outfitters. Explore the serene waters with kayaks and paddleboards from the • Northwest Outdoor Center, enjoy small boat rentals from the Electric Boat Company, or indulge in a unique experience with the Hot Tub Boats Rental company.
• Scenic Pathways at Your Doorstep: Step outside your gate and onto the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop path, offering picturesque routes for biking, running, or leisurely strolls around the stunning lake.
• Gastronomic Delights: Satisfy your culinary cravings with a short stroll to a variety of dining options, including Tacos Chukis, Stone Korean, Tanoor, Bistro, Canlis, China Harbor, Art Marble 21, along with familiar favorites coffee shops like Starbucks and Caffe Umbria.
• Central Convenience: Westlake’s central location ensures you’re just minutes away from Downtown Seattle, the artistic charm of Fremont, the tech hub of South Lake Union, the elegance of Queen Anne, and the easy access of I-5 highway. Make use of the convenient bus route #40, located just outside the dock.
• Ample Parking: Enjoy the luxury of ample parking options along Westlake, ensuring convenience and ease when hosting guests or returning home.
• Mesmerizing Views: Wake up to spectacular sunrise views across the lake, and in the evening, be captivated by jaw-dropping vistas of the Seattle skyline.
LAKE UNION LIVING
• Vibrant Neighborly Bond: Embrace the warm camaraderie, cooperative spirit, and infectious fun that defines our floating home community. Residents respect privacy while safeguarding the distinctive lifestyle.
• Close connections form naturally, fostering a nurturing and socially vibrant ambiance – perfect for those who value a sense of belonging.
• Inviting Waters: Delight in the joy of diving right off the dock, where depths of 20 to 50 feet promise a carefree swimming experience. The floating home enclave beckons you to take a refreshing plunge and forge friendships with your waterfront neighbors – a splendid way to get to know one another.
• Lake of Endless Activity: Experience the vibrant tapestry of Lake Union, Puget Sound’s most dynamic body of water. Sailboats, seaplanes, kayaks, party boats, ferries, and research and fishing vessels create an ever-changing aquatic symphony. The famous Duck Dodge sailing race on summer Tuesdays adds a dash of excitement to the scene.
• Nature’s Presence: Witness nature’s captivating drama with migrating birds diving for fish, Coho making their seasonal return, and regal bald eagles perched in stoic splendor, undisturbed even by the antics of crows.
• Culinary Exploration by Boat: Revel in the pleasure of reaching waterside restaurants by boat. Choices abound, including esteemed establishments like Daniel’s Broiler, Westward, Ivar’s Salmon House, and Agua Verde Cafe – crafting memorable dining experiences.
• Say Goodbye to Yard Work! Here, Lake Union serves as your backyard, eliminating the need for any yard maintenance. Enjoy the freedom to focus on the water, the community, and the vibrant lifestyle that surrounds you.
A LETTER FROM THE SELLERS
Sometimes, a home just speaks to you. We saw this house years before we bought it. We looked at a lot of houses, but we kept coming back to this one. Sadly, when we were ready to buy, it was no longer on the market. We decided to take a chance and reach out to see if the owner was interested in selling. We were beyond thrilled when he said he was and it wasn’t long before this house we dreamed of living in for years was ours.
The lake is an oasis in the city. We´ve enjoyed family swims and kayaking trips, ﬁreworks on the 4th of July on the roof deck and had the best view of the boat parade in December. With space for a small sailboat, kayaks or a Boston Whaler, you too can be out enjoying the lake on a whim!
Your dock community matters and with potlucks and winter soup nights to enjoy, this is a rare and special dock. It is ﬁlled with people who look out for one another and are always there to lend a hand. Need a tool? Someone to help with moving a piece of furniture? They´ve got you covered. We could not have asked for better neighbors or more of a sense of belonging. These are friends who will remain, long after we have left the dock.
Because our home is tucked back in the channel, it is private, quiet and calm. Homes further out sometimes have to deal with boat wakes, people, and noise, but we get little of that. Our visitors are turtles from the bottom of the lake and families of ducks that come back each spring with their ducklings to spend 0me on our logs. We give them Cheerios and enjoy their company as we hang out in the sun and listen to the lapping of water against the ﬂoat.
The home itself is newer, well laid out, with an open and spacious ﬂoorplan. It isn’t as “quirky” as other ﬂoating homes, but its design makes the space both livable and charming. Transi0oning from a traditional home to here was easy. Our yard changed from grass to water, but we lost nothing in the move except yardwork! Waking to cool mornings with mist rising oﬀ the water or sunny mornings with light dancing oﬀ the water are joys that never get old. The home has great amenities, including a tankless water heater, heated ﬂoors in the bathroom and windows in every wall upstairs to take in the views of Gas Works Park and truly appreciate your life on the water.
Although we bought this home with a plan to retire here, life has a way of changing the best made plans. We never thought we’d leave but hope we can ﬁnd someone who loves this home as much as we do. It has been an unforgettable part of our lives and hope it will be the same for you.
2420 Westlake Ave N #4 | 2 BEDS | 1.5 BATHS | 1,469 SQFT | RE-BUILT 2006 | $1,598,000
Request more info or showing on this houseboat
"*" indicates required fields