Superb location in a 2nd-to-end slip in Eastlake’s southernmost dock, now available for sale in Seattle.
2 BEDS + OFFICE | 1.75 BATHS | 1,040 SQFT | BUILT 1978 & RECENTLY REMODELED | NWMLS# 2159437
2017 Fairview Ave E #K, Seattle, WA 98102
Listed by Danny Varona (Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty)
& Molly Cartwright (Windermere RE Midtown)
This floating home was listed for sale in September 2023. It is positioned on a second-to-end slip in Eastlake’s southernmost dock. This prime location offers unparalleled access to Downtown, allowing for a seamless commute and endless opportunities to immerse oneself in the vibrant city atmosphere. Indulge in the abundance of natural light that streams through extensive windows and glass doors, enveloping the living spaces with a warm and inviting ambiance. From virtually every room, one is treated to breathtaking views of the Space Needle, the mesmerizing city skyline, and the iconic Gasworks Park, creating a picturesque backdrop that never fails to captivate.
Having undergone an extensive renovation, this Mid-Century Modern gem boasts a remarkable $400K+ investment, resulting in a flawless fusion of style and functionality. The architectural design combines high ceilings, sleek contours, and rich stained wood elements, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal of the residence. The layout of this exceptional waterfront property is highly versatile, offering two generous primary bedrooms, with the option to convert one into a comforting family room.
Additionally, an adaptable office space can easily be transformed into a third bedroom, ensuring ample space to accommodate individual needs and preferences. Step outside into an oasis of tranquility and revel in the outdoor paradise that awaits. An expansive wrap-around deck spanning an impressive 40’x30′ offers the perfect setting to bask in the sun, entertain guests, or simply unwind while taking in the stunning panoramic views. With neighbor approval, the potential to have a boat tie-up on two sides further enhances the allure of this remarkable waterfront haven. For your peace of mind, a comprehensive Dive Inspection Report is readily available, providing valuable insights into the property’s impeccable condition. Embrace the epitome of waterfront living and seize the opportunity to call this exceptional Mid-Century Modern masterpiece your own.
• Enjoy breathtaking views of the Space Needle, Downtown Seattle, Lake Union, and Gasworks Park from almost every room.
• The home boasts a sunny disposition with afternoon light flooding the kitchen, living room, dining room, and upper level through the many windows and doors.
• The flexible floorplan accommodates various living needs with two generously sized primary bedrooms, one of which can double as a family room.
• The living and dining room exude picture-perfect Mid-Century Modern vibes, featuring a vaulted wood ceiling and double doors opening to the expansive deck.
• Recently renovated, the modern kitchen boasts privacy glass windows at the touch of a button, stainless steel appliances, Vertrazzo recycled glass counters, custom cabinetry, and an induction range.
• The upper bedroom/family room offers sweeping views of the city skyline to the south and Gasworks Park to the north. It features an ensuite bathroom with heated floors, a view deck with glass railing, a Fleetwood three-panel sliding glass door, and direct access to the wrap-around decks via the side stairs through a Fleetwood oversized door.
• The spacious downstairs bedroom offers stunning Lake Union views from the bed, with ample space to add a large closet on the West wall. The full bathroom next door provides convenient access, creating an almost ensuite-like experience, featuring heated floors, a Runtal towel warmer, and a skylight.
• The office offers a spacious feel with its vaulted ceiling and skylights. It can serve as an additional small bedroom (with heating, a closet, and a tilt-and-turn window), a dressing room, or storage space.
• Enjoy high-end tilt-and-turn windows, and newer custom-made roller shades throughout from The Shade Store.
• Environmentally friendly brushed bamboo flooring & 100% Wool Carpet with extra thick padding for comfort and warmth.
• Prime location in a 2nd-to-end slip in Eastlake’s southernmost dock.
• The wide water channel provides ample space for swimming, effortless docking for watercraft, and an open and spacious ambiance.
• The waterside deck wraps around the home, offering channel views into Lake Union, perfect for outdoor entertaining and water activities. Multiple doors seamlessly connect the interior to the decks embracing the lakeside lifestyle.
• Possibility to tie up a boat on two sides of the ~40’x30′ deck for effortless water access and exciting boating opportunities. Prior owner had a 37′ sailboat but neighbor approval is needed for any size boat.
• For the water-sports enthusiasts, the stainless steel kayak/paddleboard rack and the keel roller deck attachment make storage and loading/unloading a breeze.
• A swim step ladder in the peaceful water channel and an outdoor shower on the deck make this home a swimmer’s paradise.
• For those with green thumbs, take advantage of the planters with an irrigation system and the floating planter box on the back deck.
• The stainless steel gangway automatically adjusts to seasonal fluctuations in lake levels.
CONSTRUCTION AND SYSTEMS
• Built in 1978 to contemporary construction standards, the home underwent a comprehensive remodel from 2016 to 2020, with an investment of over $400,000.
• The all-log and barrel float (no styrofoam) with newer stringers (circa 2000) is in exceptional condition, and has been recently relevelled. A Dive Inspection Report is available.
• Enjoy ultra-efficient cooling and heating with two mini-split heat pumps.
• The newer metal and TPO roof ensure long-lasting durability.
• The exterior was repainted in 2020, maintaining its pristine appearance.
• Benefit from an excellent electrical capacity with a newer 200 AMP electric panel (2015).
DOCK AND AMENITIES – THE LOG FOUNDATION
• Ideally positioned as the southernmost floating home dock in Eastlake, the 2017 Fairview dock offers the closest proximity to Downtown Seattle.
• Dog-friendly (with restrictions) and rental-friendly community (30+ days rentals allowed after 1 year of ownership.
• Monthly HOA dues include water, sewer, garbage, and dock maintenance
• Enjoy the convenience of four resident parking passes (plus one guest pass) for city parking along Fairview Ave E and nearby streets (RPZ Zone 8).
WELCOME TO EASTLAKE
• Central Nesting: Discover your perfect haven nestled in the heart of Eastlake – a highly sought-after neighborhood celebrated for its enchanting floating home lifestyle.
• Gateway to Urban Adventures: Seamlessly access nearby attractions like Capitol Hill, downtown Seattle, and major thoroughfares such as Highway I-5, ensuring effortless exploration of the city’s offerings.
• Pathways of Serenity: Embrace the scenic charm of the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop bike path, just beyond the gate. Enjoy leisurely bike rides and tranquil walks around the lake, immersing yourself in the beauty of the surroundings.
• Local Delights at Your Doorstep: Only a few blocks away, Pete’s Market & Wine Shop awaits, even offering dockside delivery. Relish the counter dining experience while savoring lake views from Lynn Street Park.
• Eateries Galore: Indulge in the vibrant culinary scene nearby, with excellent coffee shops and top-notch restaurants like Serafina, Haymaker, and Sushi Kappo Tamura. Sports enthusiasts can catch the game atO tter Bar & Burger, and trivia enthusiasts will love Tuesday Trivia Night.
• Captivating Sunsets: Immerse yourself in the enchantment of Eastlake’s west-facing sunsets casting their magical hues upon the water – an idyllic tableau that brings serenity and charm to your everyday existence.
LAKE UNION LIVING
• Vibrant Neighborly Bond: Embrace the warm camaraderie, cooperative spirit, and infectious fun that defines our floating home community. Residents respect privacy while safeguarding the distinctive lifestyle. Close connections form naturally, fostering a nurturing and socially vibrant ambiance – perfect for those who value a sense of belonging.
• Inviting Waters: Delight in the joy of diving right off the dock, where depths of 20 to 50 feet promise a carefree swimming experience. This floating home enclave beckons you to take a refreshing plunge and forge friendships with your waterfront neighbors – a splendid way to get to know one another.
• Lake of Endless Activity: Experience the vibrant tapestry of Lake Union, Puget Sound’s most dynamic body of water. Sailboats, seaplanes, kayaks, party boats, and research vessels from UW create an ever-changing aquatic symphony. The famous Duck Dodge sailing race on summer Tuesdays adds a dash of excitement to the scene.
• Nature’s Presence: Witness nature’s captivating drama with migrating birds diving for fish, Coho making their seasonal return, and regal bald eagles perched in stoic splendor, undisturbed even by the antics of crows.
• Culinary Exploration by Boat: Revel in the pleasure of reaching waterside restaurants by boat. Choices abound, including esteemed establishments like Daniel’s Broiler, Westward, Ivar’s Salmon House, and Agua Verde Cafe – crafting memorable dining experiences.
WHAT THE SELLERS LOVED ABOUT THEIR FLOATING HOME
We wish we didn’t have to do this, but we need to go. You have taken such good care of us over the past 8 years.
When we first met, you needed a little update. We could tell you had a lot of potential and had been well cared for by the previous owner for nearly 40 years. After major interior renovations, your beauty shone through.
We love seeing and listening to the water lap the float in the quiet of the morning.
We love being surrounded by nature (eagles, great blue herons, hummingbirds, crows, seagulls, beavers, ducks).
We love the warmth of the cedar entryway.
We love the cross breeze from the upstairs and downstairs doors.
We love your tilt-and-turn windows.
We love the light provided by skylights and the large windows in every room, which made the long winters less dreary.
We love the quiet kitchen appliances.
We love that there is room enough for two professionals to work from home.
We love the wrap-around deck and upper deck, providing multiple places to entertain.
We love the second-floor decks with sweeping views of downtown Seattle and Gasworks.
We love having views from almost every room, so that we can appreciate lake scenes year around.
We love your position on the dock – near the end but protected from the wake.
We love the ability to be on the lake in our kayaks or boat within a few minutes.
We will miss you and think about you often.
We know you will find someone else to love you as much as we loved you.