‘Villa Lago’ – With blockbuster views and cityscape reflections seen from nearly every room, it is no wonder why this home was considered for filming “Sleepless in Seattle”!
3 BEDS | 1.75 BATHS | 1,542 SQFT | MLS#: 2057451
2017 FAIRVIEW AVE E UNIT #G, Seattle, WA 98102
Villa Lago ~ Delight the senses and nourish the soul in an on-water work of art – a whimsical blend of the modern-eclectic wrapped in Mediterranean-inspired architecture. This is luxury living devoid of pretense, front-and-center, afloat Lake Union’s ‘gold coast’; its Southernmost dock with an ultra-rare combination of iconic skyline views without the privacy compromise or end-of-dock exposure. The home’s 50 feet of open-view waterfrontage ranks in the top 3 largest in Seattle. With blockbuster views and cityscape reflections seen from nearly every room, it is no wonder why this home garnered attention from Hollywood producers for ‘Sleepless In Seattle’. The pinnacle of Seattle on-water living awaits! Covered parking for 2 with EV charging.
Refined living atop Lake Union unfolds with Mediterranean architecture and a modern twist seamlessly blended for a divine waterfront experience. A world of splendor awaits indoors and out with astonishing views that curate a uniquely immersive Seattle lifestyle, beautifully blurring the lines between interior and exterior and offering a day-to-day experience defined by luxury details, contemporary conveniences, and stunning scenery.
Decadent finishes offer a sense of whimsy from the moment of arrival, with an azure exterior expertly accented by red window frames. Inside, those same tones frame immaculate city and sound vistas, including views of the iconic Space Needle, making each window appear as a custom piece of art, changing hues as the sun sets and rises again. Curved ceilings and archways add comfortable elegance to the interior.
The home lives much like an artful masterpiece, with imaginative function at the core of each space. An open floor plan beckons for entertaining, a private primary suite encourages quiet relaxation, and striking tones pay homage to nautical life. Host dinner parties with great ease using dual Bosch ovens, a SubZero refrigerator and wine storage, or simply pour a glass of fine wine to enjoy as the sun slips into the horizon. Clever details fill each day with brilliance.
Bi-fold doors open to the pièce de resistance: a view deck primed for waterside adventure. Guests can take refuge in your personal retreat with space to bask in the sunlight or unwind while boats glide across Lake Union. The home’s 50-foot floating raft presents a spaciousness that few other houseboats can claim.
Overlooking the main deck, a Juliet balcony in the primary suite embraces the same impeccable sights seen throughout the residence. Imagine waking up with the gentle lull of waves in the distance before retreating to a sumptuous ensuite bath. Wash worries away in the deep stone resin standing tub while artisan elements provide a spa-like experience from the comfort of home.
Utilize the south-facing patio year-round with built-in heat lamps and a retractable awning. Whether you’re a swimmer, paddleboarder, or a fan of surveying the bounty of wildlife in the area (including bald eagles), uninterrupted access to the stunning waters of Lake Union opens a world of possibilities for both recreation and relaxation. Enjoy the wonderful surrounding floating-home community or venture just a little further out to the nearby bakeries, cafes, and entertainment that await you. Plus, never worry about parking with two covered spaces. Welcome to paradise!
AN ULTRA RARE WATERFRONT EXPERIENCE
- Villa Lago’s 50 feet of open-view water frontage ranks in the top 3 largest for a floating home in Seattle.
- The best of both worlds: End-of-dock views without the exposure and lack of privacy trade-off that an end-of-dock home requires.
- The unobstructed Southern exposure – uniquely enjoyed by the nine homes sharing this side of the dock – offers two spectacular benefits:
- City lights magically reflect from the water by night.
- Regarded as the sunniest location on Lake Union.
- Total privacy from the neighboring floating homes, while inside Villa Lago.
- 50-foot accessory floating deck; one of the longest in Seattle’s floating home community.
- This dock and Terry Petus Park combine to create a cove that offers some of the safest swimming spots on Lake Union.
THE VIEW AND ENTERTAINMENT
- One-half mile of unparalleled, iconic Seattle skyline and Lake Union views.
- New Year’s Eve show from the Space Needle.
- July 4th show from the upstairs view deck.
- The weekly spectacle that is the Duck Dodge sailing race, Tuesday evenings between May & September.
- The Parade of Christmas Ships each December.
- The Seaplanes, taking off and landing.
- Large ships, such as Alaska fishing vessels, US Navy ships, and UW research ships.
- Hot-tub boats, paddleboards, kayaks, and many other small watercraft.
- Sunrise, mid-day sun and outrageous sunsets.
- Otters, beavers, bald eagles, ducks, coho salmon, and flocks of migrating birds.
- The closest floating home dock to Downtown Seattle and South Lake Union.
- Close to coffee shops and restaurants in Eastlake
- Easy access to Highway I-5
- Minutes to Capitol Hill and surrounding neighborhoods
- Villa Lago was considered an alternate location for the 1993 romantic comedy, ‘Sleepless in Seattle’.
- After its last remodel, the home was featured in The Seattle Times article “Floating in style: Houseboats creative, colorful, cosmopolitan”
- The cedar logs beneath this home – the second registered floating home in King County– were likely cut from the east slope of Queen Anne Hill in the 1880s; perhaps initially supporting a logger’s cabin, later transformed into a residence.
An Outdoor Paradise
- Moorage for small watercraft
- 50-foot accessory floating deck; one of the longest in the floating home community
- IPE decking
- The 2nd-floor deck is perfect for viewing 4th of July fireworks
- In-ceiling Solaira patio heaters
- Two kayak racks
- Swim ladder
- Walkaround deck
- Three exterior storage closets
- Irrigation system to all planter pots installed in 2021
- The front door is a 450lb custom marine-grade steel door.
- Danish wood burning stove by SCAN with oven, sitting on a Blue Bahai Granite hearth with carved Calacatta Marble imported from Milan Italy
- Living room wired for mounted surround sound speakers
- Retractable classic blue and white awnings (operated by remote control or hand crank)
- Retractable sunscreens outside kitchen, living room and study windows (operated by remote control or hand crank)
- Blue Bahai Granite graces the countertops. This is the same granite Bill Gates used throughout his home in Medina.
- Sleek cabinets veneered in big leaf maple. Local artist Jennifer Schwartz produced the silver inlay of a woman’s shape and the mountains on the goldenrod kitchen cabinets.
- High-end stainless steel appliances:
- Sub-Zero 146-bottle wine fridge
- 2x Sub-Zero refrigerators
- 2x Bosch ovens
- Miele dishwasher (installed in 2022)
- Thermador cooktop
- Bar sink and prep area
- Plenty of storage provided by two large pullout pantries, one large floor-to-ceiling cupboard with shelves, and two additional cupboards.
MAIN LEVEL BATHROOM
- Two pedestal sinks
- Custom shower
- Heated floors
- Bath tiles imported from Milan
PRIMARY SUITE BEDROOM
- Custom Quantum doors lead to the Juliet balcony with a custom-made metal railing
- View deck, perfect for viewing 4th of July fireworks
- Walnut hardwood flooring
- Motorized sun shades
- Ensuite bathroom
PRIMARY SUITE Bathroom
- Tyrrell & Laing ‘Rosebud’ stone resin soaker tub
- Calacatta Marble with beach ripples pattern, imported from Milan, Italy
- Blue ceramic wall tiles imported from Milan, Italy
- Carved wood sliding door
- Radiant in-floor heating
- Two covered parking spaces with an EV charger across the street (leased for $300/mo + ~$15 for electricity). Additional off-street city parking outside the dock.
- Many of the materials were shipped from Italy or inspired by Italian designers.
- Twelve hand-carved Himalayan Cedar wood panels in doors and cabinets throughout the home, imported from Nuristan, Afghanistan. They are reportedly more than 200 years old.
- Extremely well cared for. Clean home inspection report and dive inspection report.
- 55-gal drum supplemental flotation installed to replace Styrofoam flotation (a few small blocks of Styrofoam remain in not-easily-accessed spaces)
- Applied protective sealant to IPE (ironwood) decks and exterior stairway (2022)
- Applied additional protective coating to flat roof above the primary bedroom and to the view deck off the primary bedroom (2022)
- Added Walnut hardwood flooring in the primary bedroom
- Removed the leather wrap on stair treads and painted the stairway blue (2021)
- Added lighting fixtures (recessed cans, ceiling mount, sconce, pendant) in the living room, guest bedroom, office bedroom, primary bedroom and dining room
- New heating elements in the living room, kitchen, dining room, guest bedroom and study.
- Interior walls and ceilings painted
- New microwave oven (2021)
- New Miele dishwasher (2022)
- Added plants and pots on the dock
- Replaced a camel log chain showing wear (2020)
- Installed irrigation system to all planter pots (2021)
- Added additional suspension materials between swim dock and house flotation (2020)
VIEW 3-D TOUR
Contact us about this Seattle Houseboat
Request more info or showing on this houseboat
"*" indicates required fields
Leave a Reply